I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I assume you do not intend to use McAfee to protect your computer. Yes? If that is the case, you can remove it from your computer entirely.
However, I want to give you a word of advice…do not start removing programs from your computer willy nilly. It may be that a program is a necessary component on your computer, but runs in the background without you being aware of its importance. So, follow these instructions to remove ONLY programs that you know your computer does not need.
1) Click on START or the Microsoft icon in the bottom left of your screen.
2) Click on Control Panel.
3) Double click on Programs and Feautures (an older computer may have Add/Remove Program).
4) Scroll down until you find McAfee listed. Click on McAfee.
5) Click on Uninstall. Follow the steps that appear on the screen to uninstall the program.
6) You will be prompted to restart your computer. That is a very important step not to miss, because until the computer has restarted the program will not actually be removed.
I hope that helps. And, again, do NOT remove any programs without being sure that they are not necessary for the functioning of your computer.
If all of this seems overwhelming, you can invite a more savvy computer person over and might be able to make them their favoriter meal in exchange for their help.
Let me know how it goes.